[DeTomaso] Car Show

Curt Hall cuvee at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 24 23:08:07 EDT 2018

Saturday I went to the Stockton Yacht Club Specialty Vehicle & Hot Boat Show! There was about 75 Cars, including about 17 Panteras! This event was Spare Headed By Randy and Linda Welch (of PCNC) and they along with a Great group of Volunteers did a Wonderful Job!!! Great Food, Beautiful Cars and Boats!
Now... Before the Show My car was working Great! But then suddenly I had No Reverse? Crap! I'd been having Trans/Shifter-Linkage Issues? So with the help of Mark Tumbarello and Peter Kovacs after some adjustments we got R, 1, 2, 3 back, but 4 went back to 2 and 5 went back to 3? Crap again! So two days before the show I talked with Randy, he put the word out for a Mini Tech Session at the Show! One Car, Mine! So I went the the Car show with a 3sp! Got to the Show, Randy had Me park off to the side in the Shade. A few minutes later Forest Goodhart found me and said lets take a look and see whats going on! So Forest and Mark Tumbarello checked the Linkage again and in about 10 mins Forest said...I know what going on! Seems within the box at the back of the Trans that the shift linkage goes in to there are Two little rubber Plugs that lets you get to, Two set screws! They were loose! Allowing the linkage to slip, Mark tighten the Set Screws, they rechecked the Linkage adjustment and Damn, I now have all 5 gears and Reverse again! You got to Love the Camaraderie and the Willingness to Help a Fellow Pantera Owner!
The Knowledge within the Pantera Community is Unbelievable!
I'd like to Thank Forest, Mark, and Peter for all there Help! It was Greatly Appreciated!
Curt