[DeTomaso] FW: Pantera Question for you guys. - timing marks

Mike & Elizabeth Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sun Jun 24 12:53:15 EDT 2018

One of our PNW members from Spokane has run into some challenges with the timing marks on his Cleveland.  Thought I’d pass it to the forum for some Sunday discussion.  Thanks in advance, this is what makes this group so great!

Mike Thomas

Pres., Panteras Northwest

206-795-3302

Yellow ’74 #6328

www.panterasnorthwest.com <http://www.panterasnorthwest.com/>

Hi Mike;   Hope you are well.   Got a question for you .    On my Pantera, which is a 71,   I find that when I bring  number 1 cylinder up to top dead center and use the mark  on the damper as a guide, its not even close to accurate.   Inches off.......   So I scribed a new mark that I use.    I  have no way of knowing, but I suspect it was mis marked or maybe a damper off a different car.       The only thing I can figure out otherwise is that possibly the  metal  pointer is in the wrong spot on the engine.,  although it doesn't appear it could go anywhere else on the front of the engine.     Any ideas on this?        Gary Graupner.

   [1]www.panterasnorthwest.com