[DeTomaso] suggestion re: vibration

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 23 15:33:59 EDT 2018

Unless you dismantled or separated the two halves while you had them out, there should be no reason to reclock. If you replaced the u-joints then that can introduce some vibration and although it is wise to have the drive shafts balanced on u-joint replacement, it is usually not critical.

Remember there are two ends to the drive shaft, so even though you are confident on the ZF side, check the wheel side bolts too! I have seen many with incorrect bolts used, either full thread or wrong shoulder, the shoulder bolts should be a relatively snug fit in the half shaft too.

Your symptoms certainly sounds like a drive train/road wheel issue, but if you are confident all is okay then check engine mounts; both rubber isolators and the engine block mounts for broken bolts.

Julian