[DeTomaso] New AC system

JFFR pantera at vtc.net
Sat Jun 23 11:08:57 EDT 2018

You are in the ball park at $4000.00 to have someone convert your system
to a front mounted condenser unit. You have to have a lay down radiator
and rear mounted fans to do it. You will see a reduction in air flow
through your radiator when you move the condenser to the front along
with slightly elevated engine coolant operating temperatures. This may
not be an issue for you, but some Panteras do have low speed cooling
issues and restricting the air flow into the radiator can make the
problem worse.

My condenser was moved to the front of my radiator over four years ago
and it works great! It also allowed me to add an oil cooler where the
rear mounted air conditioning condenser was. I don't recommend that
anyone do that oil cooler addition unless they have an oil pump that can
handle the pressure drop.