[DeTomaso] Techno question: Headlight motor relay

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Fri Jun 22 20:17:08 EDT 2018

Dear Forum,

                    No good deed goes unpunished.

                    The late 74 Pantera I have was working fine.  I decided
to upgrade to LED headlights---"plug and play".    I installed them without
much trouble and they worked.  All was well until I tried to put the
headlights down and off.

                   They won't go down.    Nothing was touched with the
installation other than the headlight buckets.

                   Today I removed the new LED headlights and the dash
switch still refuses to actuate the headlight retraction.

                     The #10 fuse is good and the dash fan blower works fine
on that circuit.

                   My dumb diagnosis is that the Headlight motor relay
either coincidentally failed or it didn't like the new electron arrangement
and failed.

                      By the driver's left leg is the relay panel.  I see a
column of rectangular boxes and to the inside of that there is a clear box
thing, then a black box thin and finally, the cylinder thing, which is the
buzzer, I think.

                     Which one is the HL motor relay?    Are new ones
available?

                      I don't do electricity well and I am open to advice.

                                  Frustrated,  Chuck Engles