[DeTomaso] Fan Relay - what type do I need?

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jun 20 20:33:44 EDT 2018

Mike,

That depends? Do you have a stock setup with three-wire relays, or do you have modern/normal four-wire relays?

The stock relays are common to a bunch of Italian cars. They aren’t especially cheap. I think Alfa parts dealers get $50 or something for them.

They are Sipia and the part number is T-5210 (that’s the manufacturer part number).

Wilkinson has them for just around $27:

https://panterapartsusa.myshopify.com/products/15021a

Here is an Alfa place that has it as well:

https://autoricambi.us/products/sipea-early-horn-relay

And another one for $5 more:

https://www.midwest-bayless.com/Fiat-131-0_p-13213-relay-sipea-t-5210-horn-fiat-lancia-all-to-1978-oe.aspx

You might be able to find a version at NAPA?  Of the three sources I found Wilkinson is the cheapest.

There is a modern non original aftermarket replacement for this relay available on EBay for $15 with free shipping.  It ships from Poland???

Alternately you could try to pry the metal edges and take your relay apart and clean it out thoroughly?  A good soaking in an anti rust sauce and then a good spritz with WD40 and it might be good as new?

Mike

Sent from my iPad