[DeTomaso] A Sad Day- And Goodbye

Jeff Udelson jefude at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 10 20:43:10 EDT 2018

Today after24 years as the caretaker of #4134 she has a new home. I delivered her to alocal car enthusiast who has had the desire to purchase it for many months. Iset a price I really did not expect him to accept but he did. The last driveeven with a 90 degree temp and non-working AC was wonderful. The magnificentsound of the “Cleveland Symphony” emanating from the Mind Train exhaust system asalways put a huge smile on my face.

I wanted totake this opportunity to thank the phenomenal people that have helped over theyears maintaining my car. Without their help I would have given up years agoand sold the car. Most of these people I have never met in person. But theywere always available by e-mail or phone to walk me through projects. Some evensent me parts, often free, not even allowing me to reimburse them for shipping.What a great community Pantera owners are truly blessed to have.

I would liketo personally thank Mike Dailey and Dick Koch here in Atlanta who helped me withcountless projects and never laughed at my dumb questions. Bill Taylor whodesigned and made a bushing press that I could use in a vice. Shipped it alongwith whole saws and everything else I needed for my suspension rebuild project.Jack DeRyke who answered countless e-mails for my questions I was too embarrassedto post on the e mail list or PI Forum. And my pal Jon Haas of PanteraElectronics for his consoling on all things electrical even non Panterarelated.

Thank youagain to all of you for your help and support. Take care and continue to enjoythese wonderful cars.

Jeff Udelson

Previousproud owner of #4134 & #4060

PS: I amlooking for a well sorted/restored Jaguar E-Type Series I.  Or maybe an early series II