[DeTomaso] Valley end wall gaps-revisited

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Tue Jun 5 23:59:46 EDT 2018

Heads and manifold are new out-of-the-box.

I have successfully used just silicone in previous manifold installs and have no problems with that approach. I consider it more durable than a cork gasket and highly more durable than the rubber version.

The caution regarding silicone and keeping that from coming loose in the intake Valley is my main concern at this point. I like the 48 hour delay in torquing suggested in Don’s attachment.

Considering the fabrication of some aluminum spacers to fill most of the gap, and pinning them into place.

If anyone knows of a source for such spacers please pass that information along. My searching so far has provided nothing in that area.

Larry