[DeTomaso] Definitely no PC-- In what kind of Mustang will the factory happily install a Chevy engine?

Jerry Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Sun Jul 29 21:47:51 EDT 2018

Have a friend nearby in Collinsville, Ok.  He is a past a world class
aerobatic performer.  Used to have his practice box over the farm.  At
that time he was flying a Yak.  He now does air shows with his wife as
his wing walker.  He currently has a Super Stearman and a Hell Cat.  I
am sure he could give you a big case of the wobblies for a lot less money.

http://www.gregsheltonairshows.com/shelton/Home.html

In the past he has offered to take me up.  Even in my younger days I
never wanted to do a Lumcovac and a forward tumble simultaneously.

Used to stop the tractor and watch his practice.  Once in a lightning storm.

jerry knotts

On 7/29/2018 7:57 AM, Pantdino via DeTomaso wrote:
>     There is a guy at the Chino airport who gives Mustang rides. Last time
>     I checked it was $1700 per hour, so not cheap. I rode in an AT 6 about
>     30 years ago and still remember the aerobatics. :)
>
>     Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
>
>     On Saturday, July 28, 2018, Himes, Terry (397C) (397C) (397C) (397C)
>     (397C) (397C) (397C) (397C) <terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
>
>       In my last flight in a SNJ-4 a restored P-51 came along side of us.
>       Incredible!! I love that aircraft.
>       If anyone comes to San Diego, you should go to what's now called
>       "Air Group One" (Gillespie Field) and go up in one
>       of their warbirds. Lots of combat maneuvers. I have a few hours
>       (Cessna 172 & Schweitzer 233) so they allowed me to
>       to take the stick. Loops, rolls, and lots more. I'm no "Mike Drew"
>       but what a blast!!
>       [1]https://ag1caf.org/fly-warbird/
>       Terry
>       "A Purple Heart proves you were smart enough to hatch a plan,
>       stupid enough to try it and lucky enough to survive!"
>       Terry W. Himes
>       JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
>       Dawn Spacecraft Team
>       Rosetta Sequence Team Lead
>       Phone: (818) 393-6261
>       Cell: (818) 653-8213
>       [2]thimes at jpl.nasa.gov
>       d--od-,
>       i>>?
>
>     On 7/27/18, 5:43 PM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Pantdino via DeTomaso"
>     <detomaso-[3]bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of
>     [4]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:
>     Answer, A Mustang not made by Ford. In this case, a 75% scale P-51
>     Mustang replica called the Titan T-51 Mustang
>     I fly to Ohio tomorrow to see and probably buy this one.
>     See pics:
>     [5]http://www.photodrop.com/galleries/779a1c8c
>     and the factory webpage, which is pretty minimalistic
>     [6]http://www.titanaircraft.com/t-51d.php
>     Jim
>
> References
>
>     1. https://ag1caf.org/fly-warbird/
>     2. mailto:thimes at jpl.nasa.gov
>     3. mailto:bounces at server.detomasolist.com
>     4. mailto:detomaso at server.detomasolist.com
>     5. http://www.photodrop.com/galleries/779a1c8c
>     6. http://www.titanaircraft.com/t-51d.php

---
https://www.avg.com
-------------- next part --------------
   [1]http://www.gregsheltonairshows.com/shelton/Home.html
[...]

     [1][3]https://ag1caf.org/fly-warbird/
     Terry
     [[4]2]thimes at jpl.nasa.gov
     d--od-,

   [5]<detomaso-[3]bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of
   [4]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:
   Answer, A Mustang not made by Ford. In this case, a 75% scale P-51
   Mustang replica called the Titan T-51 Mustang
   I fly to Ohio tomorrow to see and probably buy this one.
   See pics:
   [5][6]http://www.photodrop.com/galleries/779a1c8c
   and the factory webpage, which is pretty minimalistic
   [6][7]http://www.titanaircraft.com/t-51d.php
   Jim

References

   1. [8]https://ag1caf.org/fly-warbird/
   2. [9]mailto:thimes at jpl.nasa.gov
   3. [10]mailto:bounces at server.detomasolist.com
   4. [11]mailto:detomaso at server.detomasolist.com
   5. [12]http://www.photodrop.com/galleries/779a1c8c
   6. [13]http://www.titanaircraft.com/t-51d.php

nks above.

Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message p
osted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant
the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of lis
t messages.

   Visible links
   1. http://www.gregsheltonairshows.com/shelton/Home.html
   2. mailto:terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov