[DeTomaso] Definitely no PC-- In what kind of Mustang will the factory happily install a Chevy engine?

davel at trguys.com davel at trguys.com
Sat Jul 28 13:52:28 EDT 2018

It's a double-bucket of worms if you start out from scratch.
There are a ton of old VW motors flying and most of those have had a kit
of parts installed to a known recipe.

A guy near me built a 5/8 spitfire with a 215 ci Buick engine.
But he built the engine with parts kit that covered those issues and
added a toothed reduction belt drive.

Dave

   [1][1]http://www.prowleraviation.com/the_company/the_company.html

   He'd had numerous issues with the engine; ignition, oiling and
   cooling.  He said he'd never fly another airplane with an automobile
   engine.

   Your experience may vary.

   FYI

   Jeff 2467

     Answer, A Mustang not made by Ford. In this case, a 75% scale P-51
     Mustang replica called the Titan T-51 Mustang
     I fly to Ohio tomorrow to see and probably buy this one.
     See pics:
     [2][2]http://www.photodrop.com/galleries/779a1c8c
     and the factory webpage, which is pretty minimalistic
     [3][3]http://www.titanaircraft.com/t-51d.php
     Jim
     Answer, A Mustang not made by Ford. In this case, a 75% scale P-51
     Mustang replica called the Titan T-51 Mustang
     I fly to Ohio tomorrow to see and probably buy this one.
     See pics:
     [4][4]http://www.photodrop.com/galleries/779a1c8c
     and the factory webpage, which is pretty minimalistic
     [5][5]http://www.titanaircraft.com/t-51d.php
     Jim
     etc.) use the links above.

   1. [8]http://www.prowleraviation.com/the_company/the_company.html