[DeTomaso] Starter selenoid

Robert Stroj npdrs at maui.net
Fri Jul 27 05:23:10 EDT 2018

Could you please share a part number(s) for the starter relay (solenoid)
from the regular car part stores.
Here there is Napa, O'Reilly and MapQuest in the neighborhood.

Online search gave me GM part number SS-581, but would expect it should be a
Ford part number?!

Also, are there any solenoids recommended as a better/longer lasting option?
At the moment I have solenoid by-passed and use the integrated solenoid at
the starter, but I do not like idea of thick unfused battery cable going
back to the starter under the car; feel it would be safer to use the
fireboard mount solenoid.

Thanks, Robert