[DeTomaso] My '72 Pantera for Sale

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 18:51:57 EDT 2018

Mike et al,

Matt's car is in the registry, 2927.  History going back 3 owners (to new ???)
The photos show the car is in nice condition, well worth considering.

I like the blue (Biarritz Blue) with a tan interior color.

Chuck

After 17 years, my Pantera is going up for sale.  I love the car, but priorities have shifted.  I'd like to avoid putting it up on
bringatrailer.com , and deal direct with a buyer, and save them some money.  But I may go that route at some point.  Asking $85K.
Car is located in Tulsa, OK.  Mike Drew has been in it several times and can vouch for it.
It was a featured Pantera International car in Fall 2000, with the former owner, whom I bought it from.  PI used to have part of the
article online, but it got removed over the years. Have to use the wayback machine to see that, but it's a good little article with
some good pics.  If you're interested, let me know, and I can send you some more pictures.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120310163552/www.panteracars.com/higgs.html

In addition to the restoration and mods done by the former owner (some detailed in the above article), the following is what all
I've done to the car during my ownership:

Suspension:
QA1 shocks and springs
Spicer half-shafts

Cooling:
Aluminum Fluidyne radiator w/ Mariah fans.
Hidden radiator overflow tank

Transmission:
Weber clutch
Safety wire ring gear on ZF transaxle
Stainless steel slave cylinder
Clutch master cylinder

Engine:
Crane roller rockers (pedestal mount type)
Holley Avenger cam
Oil pump (blueprinted)
Water pump
Chrome DeTomaso valve covers
Armando 10qt oil pan
Rebuilt carburetor

Electric:
MSD electronic ignition and distributor
Voltage regulator
Rick Mosley relay system for the starter (Mike Drew helped me install this)
Starter
Bob Timma blade-style fuse panel
Optima battery (new as of 5/2018)
150amp alternator
Upgraded brightness for gauges

Brakes:
Rebuilt stock brakes
Gutted proportion valve
Brake master cylinder

Interior:
Brass window gears
Speedometer cable
Seatbelts
Pioneer CD player and speakers
Signed window visor by Tom Tjaarda

Misc:
Removable cross member
New decklid shocks

Note:Heater core is disconnected.AC compressor has a leak.