[DeTomaso] Spinning wheel stud

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jul 15 21:50:54 EDT 2018

Joseph,

Pantera wheels are hub-centered. The studs just provide the means for the clamping force that holds them in place.

That is, unless incorrect aftermarket wheels are fitted. In that case hub-centering rings should be employed.

Distorting the splined portion of the stud by knurling it or pressing it into a slightly non-round shape shouldn’t affect the angle at which it penetrates the rotor and axle. The inner flat surface of the stud seats against the inner face of the rotor hat, ensuring perpendicularity of the stud relative to the axle.

Mike

Sent from my iPad