[DeTomaso] Spinning wheel stud

Joseph F. Byrd, Jr. byrdjf at embarqmail.com
Sun Jul 15 19:42:16 EDT 2018

It is good to cool down and not get aggravated.

You don’t have to give up on using a wedge to jam the head.  Unless you have machined the head round to the minor diameter, there will be some eccentricity..

The trick would be to fit the end of the screwdriver to be a snug fit into the gap.  Using valve lapping compound on the end of the driver, when you tap it in will also help it lock up