[DeTomaso] Spinning wheel stud

sean mundy seanmundy at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 15 15:41:35 EDT 2018

My weekend project was to remove my rear wheels and check my rear brake pad wear.  Oops, 2 of the pside lug nuts just spin and won’t loosen up.  It looks like the studs are spinning and stripped.  First I have to figure out how to get the lug nuts off. Drilling?  I replaced the rear bearings over 10yrs ago so I know what a PITA removing the hub is going to be..  Assume I will need rear disk replacement so what are my affordable options?  I’ve spent a lot of time searching the forum for info but its a bit overwhelming.  Sean M