[DeTomaso] NPC Tesla Estate Wagon Prototype

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 16:11:07 EDT 2018

  "It's near the Torrance, California, headquarters of both American Honda
and Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. "

Not to be picky but Toyota just moved to the Dallas Area!

Jeff
6559

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 12:08 PM, Himes, Terry (397C) <
terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> [...]
> gasoline.
> Today's hydrogen fuel stations can fill such a tank in 3-5 minutes.
>

> "A Purple Heart proves you were smart enough to hatch a plan,
>  stupid enough to try it and lucky enough to survive!"
>
> Terry W. Himes
> JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
> Dawn Spacecraft Team
> Rosetta Sequence Team Lead
> Phone: (818) 393-6261
> Cell:     (818) 653-8213
> thimes at jpl.nasa.gov
> 🇺🇸
>
> On 7/13/18, 9:56 AM, "Mike Drew" <MikeLDrew at aol.com> wrote:
>
>     Terry,
>
>     Hydrogen will never remotely approach cost effectiveness. The amount
> of energy necessary to produce, transport and store it far exceeds the
> amount of energy delivered. An enormous amount of fossil fuels is consumed
> (and pollution generated) in order to ‘save gas’ and ‘be green’
>
>     Government idiocy....
>
>     Mike
>
>     Sent from my iPad
>
>     > On Jul 13, 2018, at 11:52, Himes, Terry (397C) <
> terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
>     >
>     > We have a Hydrogen filling station next to JPL (Pasadena, CA).  I've
> talked to several
>     > hydrogen fuel cell guys and they love'em.  But the cost per Kg is
> still pretty high. It won't
>     > come down until more cars are on the road and demand gets bigger.
> They get ~300mi on
>     > a tank.
>     >
>     > IMHO - I will wait until hydrogen fuel cell cars are more cost
> effective and go that route.
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > "A Purple Heart proves you were smart enough to hatch a plan,
>     > stupid enough to try it and lucky enough to survive!"
>     >
>     > Terry W. Himes
>     > JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
>     > Dawn Spacecraft Team
>     > Rosetta Sequence Team Lead
>     > Phone: (818) 393-6261
>     > Cell:     (818) 653-8213
>     > thimes at jpl.nasa.gov
>     > 🇺🇸
>     >
>     > On 7/13/18, 9:21 AM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Larry-Ohio Time Corp" <
> detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of
> Larry at ohiotimecorp.com> wrote:
>     >
>     >    I have a Tesla charging station close to my office. Every once in
> a wile I
>     >    will see some one sitting there.
>     >
>     >    How do you pay for the charge up? Does it know your car when you
> plug in?
>     >
>     >    I like the wagon and it has nothing to do with owning 4 green

-------------- next part --------------
   A "It's near the Torrance, California,A headquarters of both American
   Honda and Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A.A "
   Not to be picky but Toyota just moved to the Dallas Area!
   [?ui=2&ik=29a9b3f12f&view=att&th=164953dd1895885d&attid
   =0.1&disp=safe&realattid=ii_jjketl6v0_164953dd1895885d&zw]
   Jeff
   6559

   On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 12:08 PM, Himes, Terry (397C)
     Hmm?A  Here's what I dug up so far.A  Doesn't seem all that bad.A
[...]
     A stupid enough to try it and lucky enough to survive!"
     Terry W. Himes
     JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
     Dawn Spacecraft Team
     Rosetta Sequence Team Lead