[DeTomaso] NPC Tesla Estate Wagon Prototype

Dennis Valdez sjcarguy60 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 13:05:07 EDT 2018

 Hi Guys,Basically for owners of a Model S or Model X the superchargers are free to use.  If you have a model 3 you have an account with Tesla and when you plug into the supercharger it recognizes your VIN and will charge to your account.
I'm not sure of the specifics of cost per Kwh, as it depends on where you live and some other factors I don't pay attention to.  Suffice to say it is a lot cheaper than gasoline.   We recently did a 900 mile road trip in our Model 3 here in California and the total cost of supercharger use was less than $25. Other non-Tesla chargers are often free or have small charge costs but don't charge as fast as the superchargers...usually about 20 to 30 miles of charge per hour.  Our total outlay for "non-Tesla" charging was about $10.
We basically had no "range anxiety" at all during the trip.  We were able to use the supercharger network and stumbled upon other public charging options at the places we were going anyway.