[DeTomaso] Clutch master help please

Don Franck panteradon at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 14:38:58 EDT 2018

The continuing saga of the impossible to replace clutch master cylinder.

The easy way to change the master was to use the old rod and washer in the
new cylinder.  But, the new cylinder is 1/100 of an inch smaller than the
old one.

We cannot drive the pin out of the triangular part of the effort reduction
kit to remove the old rod.  We have soaked it in penetrating oil for a week.

We can’t get the entire triangular piece out because you can’t get to the
snap ring.

Arrrrggggggg. This is beyond my abilities.

What are the options now?

Can i slot the new washer to go over the old rod then snap ring it into the
new master?

I am not sure i hsve the ability to pull the entire brake box out.

Attatched th the picture of the new master and the washer i was thinking of
slotting.

Help me please!!!

Don in Houston

--