[DeTomaso] Pantera facts?

FAITH MCCALL rfmccall at comcast.net
Sun Jan 28 08:39:00 EST 2018

Jack,

As far as I know ,all of the early Panteras came with only two dash vents from Modena as far aa I know. I was told that the third ( middle) vent was added during the (update) procedure done my shops such as Bill Stroppe's shop in Ca. The 1971 cars had two vents with the "seat belt" light between them and a pull knob on the right side of the console that opened the vent at the base of the windshield.

This car, however, has an outside fuel fill  as well as seats from a later Pantera . The Ghia badge added to the dash ( more than likely to cover up a blemish .Otherwise it would not be in such a strange position hanging off of the edge of the dash)  is sort of strange also. I'm assuming that they mean that the "original" radio is the one that was originally installed at the dealership when sold??

Ron

To: Christopher Kimball ; Detomaso Email List Sent: Sat, Jan 27, 2018 9:42 pm Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Pantera facts? Well even I know the "interior and body are - NOT - totally stock." (steering wheel & roof spoiler) John -----Original Message----- From: Christopher Kimball Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2018 9:19 PM To: Detomaso Email List Subject: [DeTomaso] Pantera facts? Somebody help me out here--this Pantera is advertised as "most likely" having original paint, and is titled as a '71, but there are some things that don't add up to me (maybe Mike can explain them). It has kph speedo, it has three air vents in the middle of the dash which I" data-mce-href="http://Don't read too much into the kph speedo; I've sold a couple of them I accidentally came across to people who simply find them attractive. And ALL 2-pod-dash Panteras had three 'vents' in the dash. Most have a triangular upholstered bulge with a gauge light & the seatbelt warning light covering the unused center outlet, but that light-mount is only bolted on and can be easily removed so the vent hole underneath becomes functional. You're right- the car is not stock but is slightly customized inside & out the hibachi-vents on the hood show that.  And the Ferrari-copy 'boxer' spoiler on the deck isn't even painted- I suspect it's a recent addition. Attractive car nonetheless- J Deryke -----Original Message----- From: gt40 To: Christopher Kimball ; Detomaso Email List Sent: Sat, Jan 27, 2018 9:42 pm Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Pantera facts? Well even I know the "interior and body are - NOT - totally stock." (steering wheel & roof spoiler) John -----Original Message----- From: Christopher Kimball Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2018 9:19 PM To: Detomaso Email List Subject: [DeTomaso] Pantera facts? Somebody help me out here--this Pantera is advertised as "most likely" having original paint, and is titled as a '71, but there are some things that don't add up to me (maybe Mike can explain them). It has kph speedo, it has three air vents in the middle of the dash which I">Don't read too much into the kph speedo; I've sold a couple of them I accidentally came across to people who simply find them attractive. And ALL 2-pod-dash Panteras had three 'vents' in the dash. Most have a triangular upholstered bulge with a gauge light & the seatbelt warning light covering the unused center outlet, but that light-mount is only bolted on and can be easily removed so the vent hole underneath becomes functional. You're right- the car is not stock but is slightly customized inside & out: the hibachi-vents on the hood show that.  And the Ferrari-copy 'boxer' spoiler on the deck isn't even painted- I suspect it's a recent addition. Attractive car nonetheless- J Deryke -----Original Message----- From: gt40 <gt40 at sbcglobal.net> To: Christopher Kimball <ChrisVKimball at msn.com>; Detomaso Email List <detomaso at detomasolist.com> Sent: Sat, Jan 27, 2018 9:42 pm Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Pantera facts? Well even I know the "interior and body are - NOT - totally stock." (steering wheel & roof spoiler) John -----Original Message----- From: Christopher Kimball Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2018 9:19 PM To: Detomaso Email List Subject: [DeTomaso] Pantera facts? Somebody help me out here--this Pantera is advertised as "most likely" having original paint, and is titled as a '71, but there are some things that don't add up to me (maybe Mike can explain them). It has kph speedo, it has three air vents in the middle of the dash which I
-------------- next part --------------
   Jack,

   As far as I know ,all of the early Panteras came with only two dash
   vents from Modena as far aa I know. I was told that the third ( middle)
   vent was added during the (update) procedure done my shops such as Bill
   Stroppe's shop in Ca. The 1971 cars had two vents with the "seat belt"
   light between them and a pull knob on the right side of the console
   that opened the vent at the base of the windshield.

   This car, however, has an outside fuel fill  as well as seats from a
   later Pantera . The Ghia badge added to the dash ( more than likely to
   cover up a blemish .Otherwise it would not be in such a strange
   position hanging off of the edge of the dash)  is sort of strange also.
   I'm assuming that they mean that the "original" radio is the one that
   was originally installed at the dealership when sold??

   Ron

   [1]To: Christopher Kimball ; Detomaso Email List Sent: Sat, Jan 27,
   2018 9:42 pm Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Pantera facts? Well even I know
   the "interior and body are - NOT - totally stock." (steering wheel &
   roof spoiler) John -----Original Message----- From: Christopher Kimball
   Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2018 9:19 PM To: Detomaso Email List
   Subject: [DeTomaso] Pantera facts? Somebody help me out here--this
   Pantera is advertised as "most likely" having original paint, and is
   titled as a '71, but there are some things that don't add up to me
   (maybe Mike can explain them). It has kph speedo, it has three air
   vents in the middle of the dash which I" data-mce-href="http://Don't
   read too much into the kph speedo; I've sold a couple of them I
   accidentally came across to people who simply find them attractive. And
   ALL 2-pod-dash Panteras had three 'vents' in the dash. Most have a
   triangular upholstered bulge with a gauge light & the seatbelt warning
   light covering the unused center outlet, but that light-mount is only
   bolted on and can be easily removed so the vent hole underneath becomes
   functional. You're right- the car is not stock but is slightly
   customized inside & out the hibachi-vents on the hood show that.  And
   the Ferrari-copy 'boxer' spoiler on the deck isn't even painted- I
   suspect it's a recent addition. Attractive car nonetheless- J Deryke
   -----Original Message----- From: gt40 To: Christopher Kimball ;
   Detomaso Email List Sent: Sat, Jan 27, 2018 9:42 pm Subject: Re:
   [DeTomaso] Pantera facts? Well even I know the "interior and body are -
   NOT - totally stock." (steering wheel & roof spoiler) John
   -----Original Message----- From: Christopher Kimball Sent: Saturday,
   January 27, 2018 9:19 PM To: Detomaso Email List Subject: [DeTomaso]
   Pantera facts? Somebody help me out here--this Pantera is advertised as
   "most likely" having original paint, and is titled as a '71, but there
   are some things that don't add up to me (maybe Mike can explain them).
   It has kph speedo, it has three air vents in the middle of the dash
   which I">Don't read too much into the kph speedo; I've sold a couple of
   J Deryke -----Original Message----- From: gt40 <gt40 at sbcglobal.net>
   To: Christopher Kimball <ChrisVKimball at msn.com>; Detomaso Email List
   <detomaso at detomasolist.com> Sent: Sat, Jan 27, 2018 9:42 pm Subject: