[DeTomaso] Pantera facts?

Christopher Kimball ChrisVKimball at msn.com
Sun Jan 28 00:19:00 EST 2018

Somebody help me out here--this Pantera is advertised as "most likely" having original paint, and is titled as a '71, but there are some things that don't add up to me (maybe Mike can explain them).

It has kph speedo, it has three air vents in the middle of the dash which I thought was found on later models, yet it's a two-pod which is found on earlier models, I'm not sure what the "front fiberglass tray" is all about (I think he means the rear tub), and I got a kick out of the description of the "original radio" since I was under the impression none had radios from the factory but were installed at the dealerships.  The picture also looks like the paint has pinstriping, but maybe it's just the way it looks in the picture.

Could this be some European model with which I'm not familiar?

Thanks,

Chris

https://dobsonmotorsport.com/car/1971-detomaso-pantera/?

[https://dobsonmotorsport.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/P7310663.jpg]<https://dobsonmotorsport.com/car/1971-detomaso-pantera/>

1971 DeTomaso Pantera - Dobson Motorsport<https://dobsonmotorsport.com/car/1971-detomaso-pantera/>
dobsonmotorsport.com
This amazing car was designed by the Italian design firm Ghia by American born designer Tom Tjaarda and replaced the De Tomaso Mangusta. Unlike the Mangusta, which ...