[DeTomaso] DIY Maintenance

djenkins at vanguardtrailer.com djenkins at vanguardtrailer.com
Fri Jan 26 20:19:15 EST 2018

Thanks everyone. Plenty of gas. Car had been sitting for a little while so either it was flooded from trying to start earlier or didn't give it enough gas. After waiting an hour I pumped it twice and it started great.
Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
------ Original message------From: Garth RodericksDate: Fri, Jan 26, 2018 5:28 PMTo: djenkins at vanguardtrailer.com;DeTomaso Mail List;Cc: Subject:DIY Maintenance
A couple of questions...
1. Does it have gas?
If the tank was near empty and it's been sitting for months, you may be out of gas. Add a gallon to the tank from your lawnmower gas can to be sure.

2. What kind of plugs did you install?
Platinum plugs?  Hope not; it won't run well but it should still fire.

3. Do you have an electronic ignition?
Check that after the things others already recommended.    Checking dizzy cap, plug wires properly oriented, coil wire, ground, etc.