[DeTomaso] Fwd: Are all the suspension arm bushings the same size?

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Wed Jan 17 11:27:13 EST 2018

Another dimension to check is length.  I purchased a new set of stock bushings from one vendor and they were too long.  It required me to "bend" the mounting ears, which the vendor told me to do but I decided not to do.

I then purchased another set from the Maserati guy, and they were "perfect."

You don't want to go to all the trouble of installing new bushings (especially press-fit) only to find they are too long to fit the mounting ears on the chassis.  Trust me on this.

Check the length.

Asa  Jay

⁣Asa  Jay  Laughton, W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, retired
Sent using Jedi Mind Tricks​

On Jan 17, 2018, 08:15, at 08:15, "Joseph F. Byrd, Jr." <byrdjf at embarqmail.com> wrote:
>Attached PDF is how I am removing the bushings.  I got half out so far,
>but not had a chance to finish.
>
>The "original" replacements I got vary in OD.  So much so, I got two
>complete sets to pick out ones to give a moderate press fit WHEN I
>install.  (but that could be a long time coming, if I ever do)

   Another dimension to check is length.A  I purchased a new set of stock
   bushings from one vendor and they were too long.A  It required me to
   "bend" the mounting ears, which the vendor told me to do but I decided
   not to do.

   I then purchased another set from the Maserati guy, and they were
   "perfect."

   You don't want to go to all the trouble of installing new bushings
   (especially press-fit) only to find they are too long to fit the
   mounting ears on the chassis.A  Trust me on this.

   Check the length.

   AsaA  Jay

   AsaA  JayA  Laughton, W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, retired

   Sent using Jedi Mind Tricks

   On Jan 17, 2018, at 08:15, "Joseph F. Byrd, Jr."
Attached PDF is how I am removing the bushings.  I got half out so far, but not
had a chance to finish.
The "original" replacements I got vary in OD.  So much so, I got two complete se
ts to pick out ones to give a moderate press fit WHEN I install.  (but that coul
d be a long time coming, if I ever do)

     etc.)

     use the links above.