[DeTomaso] NPC: Western Union Fraud Settlement w/FTC

Mike & Elizabeth Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Tue Jan 16 21:03:14 EST 2018

10 or 11 years ago I was scammed and duly chastised by the Forum for
succumbing to a fraudulent Ebay Second Chance on a built 351 Cleveland.
Wired the money to the crooks via WU and took a $1,695 shot to the chops:
just figured it was written off to lessons learned.  Well, seems I was not
the only one, and I recently received in the mail a claim form from the FTC
to file for reimbursement from a $586M fraud settlement the FTC has with
Western Union.  Following is the link which explains the whole thing.

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2017/11/ftc-alerts-consumers-
if-scammers-had-you-pay-them-western-union

If you were similarly snagged in the timeframe indicated and did not receive
a claim form, you can file online at the link buried in the article.  I'll
let you know how it comes out, but that will be a nice addition to the
restoration fund.

Cheers

Mike Thomas

Pres., Panteras Northwest