[DeTomaso] Source for basic torque values

audionut at hushmail.com audionut at hushmail.com
Sun Jan 7 15:06:43 EST 2018

Of all the useless tools I have purchased over the years, my torque wrench just might be my favorite.

My universal torque specs:

Big bolt  = pretty darned tight
Medium bolt =  tight
Small bolt/squishy gasket = not so tight

Never had a problem, but then I never do anything major such as motor assembly where these things are critical.

Bought a torque wrench in 1978 when I first started wrenching on cars but I only use it on wheels because it's the only wrench I have that is long enough to get the lugs tight enough (80lbs) or to get them off after a tire shop has tightened them with a jackhammer.

Someone gives you a torque wrench for Christmas?  Oh well...you gotta use it.  Or at least bang it up a bit and get it greasy.

Sent using Hushmail