[DeTomaso] Racing oil

Bob rcbsons1 at aol.com
Fri Feb 23 12:42:53 EST 2018

When I first had my dart Windsor built I was running Mobil 1. Then they started reducing the zinc content so I switched to Brad Penn
It is the old Kendall oil

I just had my engine rebuilt after 11-12 years
of spinning it to 7500 rpm plus
Engine builder said he could have put the bearings back in it. We just honed the cylinders but installed new lighter pistons and upped the compression. Solid lifter cam again but a little less lift but more duration as I was looking for a little more on the top end side. Ported Brodix track one heads were flowed so George at clay smith cams could spec it out

But I do prep it before I track it
Fresh oil in engine and Zf
I run the valves, new plugs, clean the oil filter
check brakes, bearings, suspension etc

The above things help make the engine live in my book

Bob Benson #3 black pantera

Sent from my iPhone