[DeTomaso] Trying to diagnose weak brakes

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Sat Feb 17 17:16:48 EST 2018

After I had my master cylinder rebuilt I noted the pedal didn’t feel as good and that on the front calipers even the upper bleed screw is NOT at the uppermost aspect of the caliper chamber. There is air present above that bleeder.

 I had to unbolt the caliper and rotate it slowly to a horizontal position to get all the air out. A bunch more air came out when I did that and then the pedal felt good.

My calipers had had the Hall modification to connect the two chambers but I don’t think that would make any difference.

Jim

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail