[DeTomaso] Engine Noise

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Fri Feb 16 20:31:42 EST 2018

Dear Sean,

                  Egad.   I can hear the valve noise over the prominent exhaust rumble.

                  I have Aussie heads, Crane Gold roller rockers and hydraulic roller lifters.   Similar, but not exactly the same as yours.  I would say that mine seem more noisy than the previous flat tappet cam+Crane Gold rockers +Aussie heads that was the previous iteration of that engine.  I would say that yours has a lot more valve train noise than mine does.

                   Warnings:  long distance diagnosis by sound over YouTube is fraught with inaccuracy
                                         I am no professional engine mechanic

                               Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles