[DeTomaso] Who has Kirk's removable center firewall?

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Wed Feb 14 01:32:48 EST 2018

I am upgrading 2511 to Kirk Evans removable center, flat firewall kit.

Kirk built his removable center cover so it terminates in the center of the passenger seat and thus hides that edge. But 2511 has an added bulkhead centered behind the seat that incorporates a Simpson shoulder harness anchor.

The Velcro anchoring system for the center removable cover directly blocks the harness anchor, so I need to narrow the cover. But with 2511 at Denny's I can't determine the measurements I need for the modification.

So, can someone with Kirk's kit please provide the width of the gap ........... on the driver's side ........ as shown in this photo?

Thanks,

Larry

BTW - Kirk says if I had known of the conflict he would've gladly adjusted his build and narrowed the cover to accommodate the shoulder harness anchor.