[DeTomaso] Mangusta sells in France...and California....

Gray Gregory rgg at gregorycook.com
Sat Feb 10 12:13:40 EST 2018

Scott,

My point  is that it's not the value of the car that determines whether it's driven or not but rather the individual owners. Value vs net worth may be a deciding factor for some owners; however if we go with that theory then it would also stand to reason that the new owners buying cars at current prices have higher net worth's and thus would be more likely to drive the cars than the previous owners...

I guess what I disagree with most is this perception that the buyers / owners of high value cars are somehow not "real car guys" and just want to lock them in a vault somewhere. Some of the car craziest people I know of, think Jay Leno, John Shirley, Rob Walton, Bruce Meyer etc. etc.  have large collections of very valuable cars and use them regularly.

Gray