[DeTomaso] Fraud Alert ?!?

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 16:49:19 EST 2018

One of the new users of the Registry informed me this morning of an offer he received to buy a Pantera.

The car was described as Pantera # 6499, yet some of the photos supplied

were matched to some of the photos already provided to the Registry, (with a verified VIN).

Photos included some of a USA-Market 1971 build date Pantera, in black.

The car offered for sale was last known to be in Germany.

Since the last current owner had updated the registry, I was able to instantly

identify this as a suspicious offer.

I am waiting to confirm with the last known owner that his car is not for sale.

But if you are offered a Pantera with a stated VIN of 6499, ask for VIN photos for verification!

I will post more details later.

The De Tomaso Registry Guy

http://www.detomasoregistry.org/Members/ProvaMoMemMain.asp