[DeTomaso] Pantera #2113

Niels de Vries Niels at totta.nl
Tue Feb 6 03:58:44 EST 2018

Hi fellow De Tomaso owners,

I just joined this forum because I'm the new owner of the Pantera #2113!

Let me introduce myself: my name is Niels de Vries, live the small village Blaricum in Holland, 48 years old, married, no children. Since childhood I've visited the race tracks, enjoying both classic and modern, touring cars and formula cars. I started at 16 with my first Alfa Romeo, owned several Alfa's after that, continued with Porsche and now focusing on cars with pedigree, a bit special and if possible, with racing history.

My latest acquisition is a De Tomaso Pantera, with chassis nr 2113. Built in 1971 (?). Bought in Holland from a classic car dealer who bought it at Mecum's US in 2017.
As this car has a lot of upgrades (roll cage, safety belts, new wiring, stripped interior and no sound deadening in and under side, fire extinguisher system, Gr 4 flares, upgraded brakes, engine and suspension etc)
and because there is an alu shield on the dash with some speed results (when owned by Mr Stanley Ross)
and I found out that this car belonged to Mr Chuck Adkinson (a member of Team Pantera Racing, the car was apparently black there and then)....

Unfortunately Mr Adkinson has passed away and when he had the car, he rebuilt it completely, including most of the upgrades, see this link:
http://teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_g2bridge&view=gallery&Itemid=57&g2_itemId=2074
It was matt black when he finished the car. I believe that car was originally orange (see picture I've found on the web) when it was sold new in the US. It is now blue with black.

As I want more info on this car, I contacted Mr Stanley Ross (via the RRDC) with no success. I contacted Team Pantera, and although they really tried to help me, no further info is available (Asa Jay suggested joining this forum, thank you Asa jay!).

So, I was wondering if anyone can help me with more info, more pictures of this car. If there is anyone who can help me with additional info or filling in the blanks, please let me know!

Finally many thanks to Mike Drew for helping me out with parts and general info on De Tomaso and Panteras.

Kind regards,
Niels de Vries
Holland

-------------- next part --------------

   #2113!

   [1]http://teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_g2bridge&view=
   gallery&Itemid=57&g2_itemId=2074

   It was matt black when he finished the car. I believe that car was
   originally orange (see picture I've found on the web) when it was sold
   new in the US. It is now blue with black.

   As I want more info on this car, I contacted Mr Stanley Ross (via the
   RRDC) with no success. I contacted Team Pantera, and although they
   really tried to help me, no further info is available (Asa Jay
   suggested joining this forum, thank you Asa jay!).

   So, I was wondering if anyone can help me with more info, more pictures
   of this car. If there is anyone who can help me with additional info or
   filling in the blanks, please let me know!

   Finally many thanks to Mike Drew for helping me out with parts and
   general info on De Tomaso and Panteras.

   Kind regards,

   Niels de Vries

   Holland