[DeTomaso] Aries Design Pantera

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 1 15:54:43 EST 2018

It would be interesting to put together a set of Pantera renderings ranging from totally original to GTS, GT5, GT5S, and moderate to wild mods, wings, ects, and ask the community to rank them.  Maybe in favorite colors.  I think you can even let individuals select a color.
I confess to preferring a Pantera with small original bumpers, blacked out trim, a bit larger wheels, and no wings.  A more modern color, but that's it.  I see cars prepared this way, and I cannot imagine how it could be better.  I suspect recent styling exercises will not stand the test of time.  We owe a lot to Tom Tjaarda.  Like the designer of the E Type, he managed to capture something that transcended the days fashions.  In my opinion, when Panteras have been altered based on current design trends, as few years later, the trend is gone, and the car doesn't look right.
Ken