[DeTomaso] Deck Lid Release

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Mon Dec 17 16:34:16 EST 2018

FWIW, the pushbutton's decklid release is identical to the front trunk lid release but with a longer bowden cable. It resides in a sizeable dent formed in the drivers side door upright/B-piller. There is no corresponding dent in production Pantera bodies. The same lever is used in Mangustas. This is why such cars do not use decklid key-locks. A T-handle cable would be a better solution for production cars but take a bit more force to open the latch.