[DeTomaso] Foil wrap

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 12:55:55 EST 2018

I first saw this Pantera several years ago.

What you notice initially is the light blue and orange color, a la "Gulf Racing".

As there are several cars with this color scheme, I eventually added "Blue + Orange" to

 the "current color search" selection.

But what you may not get right away, is this paint is not paint but is described as a foil (overlay),

and can be removed.

I have attached two photos, one showing the car in blue + orange, and one showing the car in its 'natural' paint.

The registry has quite a few close-up photos that show the surface condition and details.  See Pantera 4600.

I think it is rather impressive in the quality of application.  IE:  I think someone did a fabulous job of adding the foil!

I do not know what is the cost (material and labor), or how well the material holds up to road use.

But as an option to repainting this is interesting.

Other than the plastic (usually clear) covering to protect paint, has anyone done this themselves ?

I would think that applying to curves could be tricky, and likely takes real skill.

This car is currently offered for sale.

Chuck

The De Tomaso Registry Guy

http://www.detomasoregistry.org/Members/ProvaMoMemMain.asp