[DeTomaso] Horizontal console gauges for 2-Pod???

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Fri Dec 7 12:29:25 EST 2018

Hi Larry,
If you install the double-high DIN chassis, you'll -have- to move
something, either the switches or the HVAC control, there isn't enough
room for them all.

The window switches could still be mounted on either side of the HVAC
but the other four would have to be relocated to somewhere else.  I
don't have any recommendations on where though.

Asa  Jay

Asa Jay Laughton - W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
Spokane County ARES-RACES Net Manager
******************************
http://w7tsc.org
http://www.teampanteraracing.com

[1]http://w7tsc.org
[2]http://www.teampanteraracing.com

[3]https://www.avg.com

I want to retain the 2-pod dash but update the console with horizontal gauges an
d install a 2-din (7"x4") touchscreen in a manner similar to what David Berman d
id on his GT5:

Also like this approach as I will be retaining the stock HVAC panel:

I think that one is the version that Bobby Byars sells for the later 1-pod dash
cars:

>From that photo it appears the flat gauge panel is a separate piece from the bas
e? Anyone know for sure?

Sadly, I am pretty sure that even after adapting Bobby's face panel to my earlie
r fiberglass console there would not be enough room for the gauges, HVAC panel,
six toggle switches and the 2-din touchscreen.

Has anyone made this work, seen it done by someone or know of a vendor offering
a horizontal gauge panel for the early consoles?

Any and all wisdom is sincerely appreciated.

Larry

nks above.

Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message p
osted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant
the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of lis
t messages.