[DeTomaso] The Water Restrictor Plate Below the Thermostat

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Dec 2 14:16:35 EST 2018

Guys,

Here is a 180 degree OEM-style 351C thermostat from NAPA auto parts:

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/MRD197

Note that it’s stated that it is appropriate for both the 351C and 351W. I suppose it would work fine in a Windsor because the hat wouldn’t interfere with anything, but I have verified that this is a Cleveland-specific unit.

Works good, lasts long time—and costs eight bucks.

The original thermostat was 192 degrees (or 195? I can’t remember) and those are available too from various makers, as are 160 degree units which are arguably much too cold.

Mike

Sent from my iPad