[DeTomaso] The Water Restrictor Plate Below the Thermostat

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 2 10:46:19 EST 2018

But that one is $32, what is the "conventional OEM-style thermostat that costs the same as the Windsor counterpart" that Mike refers to? I was always under the impression the thermostat with the hat was the OEM style?

In regards to the use of the block off plate no one has yet mentioned the fact that some of the aftermarket water pumps do not have the bypass port and thus probably warrant the use of the windsor style t-stat and orifice plate to prevent coolant being trapped between the t-stat and pump when engine is hot.

Julian