[DeTomaso] FW: The Water Restrictor Plate Below the Thermostat

Joseph F. Byrd, Jr. byrdjf at embarqmail.com
Sun Dec 2 09:53:31 EST 2018

INTERESTING!

First, agree with all previous comments (But I'll add my bit)

The shown restrictor plate that is to be used with non 351C design
thermostat has a recessed "cup" machined that appears only large enough to
let the non 351C thermostat fit, but not let the 351C design (Lets call this
one RS333) fully open.

Would be nice to have the actual dimensions of the restrictor with the pin
hole to verify observation.

Here is my comparision of using a RS330 instead of the Cleveland specific
RS333.
The last graph shows there will be bypass flow until RS330 is FULL open
(0.4"), where the bypass is blocked at ~35% (0.15") opening with the RS333