[DeTomaso] What is this engine noise?

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Fri Aug 31 01:03:23 EDT 2018

Stranger things...

Water pump
Alternator
A/C compressor

My first thought was that it sounded like a bearing, but not a rod or
main or cam... like a ball bearing, like maybe the throwout bearing in
the trans, or a pilot bearing/bushing.  Then I thought about the list above.

Then I thought Les might be onto it, but you said the baffles had been
removed.  Then I though maybe a vacuum leak at the carb or intake, but
that would typically be rhythmic.

Be sure to let us know what you find.
Asa  Jay

Asa Jay Laughton - W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
Spokane County ARES-RACES Net Manager
http://w7tsc.org
http://www.teampanteraracing.com