[DeTomaso] Battery Size

B Hower b.hower3400 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 16:23:20 EDT 2018

I thank 70/71 Torinos with 429 eng. came with 27F battery

Bud #3400 ( Drive it like there is no tomorrow -- for there may not be ! )

    On Monday, August 27, 2018, 1:44:09 PM CDT, Pantdino via DeTomaso <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:

   I don't think it matters what form of battery you have, as they are all
  based on a lead acid chemical reaction.  If you keep the battery on a
  battery maintainer it will stay charged and last a long time.  My last
  Walmart battery lasted 9 years and I replaced it with the same.

  Just get the biggest one that will fit. Smaller means less plate size =
  less capacity and will sulfate up more readily.

  And yes, the 24F has been around forever and is what these cars came
  with originally.  I think it is the biggest too.

  Why mess with anything else?

  Jim