[DeTomaso] Battery Size

Jeff Kimball jgkrenton at comcast.net
Mon Aug 27 11:05:21 EDT 2018

Joe:

I just changed the battery in my Pantera last week.  While you said you didn't want an Optima, the size information may be useful.  I had a Optima size 34 which lists as 7.88 inches tall.  The "standard" type 27 lists as 8 7/8 (8.875) tall.

The Optima seems to fit fine. You might be better off with the shorter type 34.

Standard battery size chart

https://www.jegs.com/Sizecharts/bcigroup.html

Optima sizes:

https://www.optimabatteries.com/en-us/redtop-starting-battery