[DeTomaso] Fwd: Hammer Price Portfolio Report - Sunday, August 26, 2018

B Hower b.hower3400 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 17:07:15 EDT 2018

Current bid:  US $48,600.00   Reserve not met

Bud #3400 ( Drive it like there is no tomorrow -- for there may not be ! )

    On Sunday, August 26, 2018, 1:56:32 PM CDT, Ken Green via DeTomaso <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:

   Seems like you need information on the particular car for the prices to
  have much meaning?
  This car just sold on ebay for $44,800:
  [1]https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-De-Tomaso-Pantera-/232885923595?nordt=
  true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137
  Maybe if you have a lot of time and skill, you could make it a good car
  without spending a LOT of $s.  I'm guess that if you pay a shop to
  strip it, repair the metal, paint it, and repair all the mechanical
  issues, it would end up a $100,000 car.
  It seems like Panteras are more of a Pandora's box that most cars
  because unless there is a documented or otherwise established
  restoration, the value of the car is very uncertain.
  Ken