[DeTomaso] Car Cover

audionut at hushmail.com audionut at hushmail.com
Sun Aug 26 16:58:17 EDT 2018

Hi Don--
I use 2 CCC covers for both indoors and outdoors.  I have found that
the combination below works really good on all my classic cars:
Their "Dust Stop" is light weight, very soft and the one I've found to
be the best choice against the car.
Their "Superweave" on top of that will do a great job of keeping rain,
bird crap and whatever else off the car.  It is heavier and more
durable but it will probably chafe the paint after a while.
Small spring clamps (the kind that is used on termite fumigation
tents) work really well to keep the covers on the car when it gets
windy.  Don't bother with the nylon rope/grommet nonsense that comes
with the cover.  Mirror pockets are recommended and can be made
custom-fit to your spec's.
But of course, car covers are only good for short-term outdoor use.
Do not put a car "in storage" outdoors if you wish to preserve it in
good condition.  No car cover will ever do as good a job as a garage
because so far no fabric has been developed that keeps moisture off
the outside of the car without trapping condensation.  Even covers
listed as "breathable" are going to trap some condensation in all but
the driest climates.
After using the 2 covers indicated above on my 1960 Cadillac stored
outside for an entire So Cal rainy season (4 - 6 months) I noticed
tiny rust spots forming on the bumpers and all the chrome trim.  I
removed them easily with chrome polish but I wouldn't do that again.
If you live somewhere where you have low humidity on a regular basis
with only a little bit of rain throughout the year, you may be fine
using these 2 covers.
John73L #5909
 Sent using Hushmail
On 8/26/2018 at 1:19 PM, "Don Franck"  wrote:Any recommendations on a
good outdoor cover?

Don

On Sunday, August 26, 2018, Sean Korb  wrote:

> I don't use a CCC for my narow body car but the cheap FIero cotton
> cover I have fits well and accommodates 2 mirrors but... because
> mirrors could be placed anywhere it depends on where they are
> installed.  My mirror base is 3 inches back  from the a pillar and
the
> cover would fit better if it was installed 2 inches from the pillar.
> It just seems slightly tight.
>
> sean
>
> On 8/26/18, Paul Timko  wrote:
> > I searched the archives and I saw a lot of people like the
California
> > Car Cover for the cars.  When I went through the process of
ordering
> > one, I noticed that it did have mirror pockets.  I guess that's
because
> > side mirrors weren't standard...
> >
> > Is there an option for side mirrors? Another company? Maybe a
> modification?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Paul

> > To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe,
etc.) use
> > the links above.
> >
> > Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward
any
> > message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the
list.
> > They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive
or
> approve
> > the archiving of list messages.
>

> --
> Sean Korb spkorb at spkorb.org http://www.spkorb.org
> '65 Suprang,'68 Cougar,'78 R100/7,'60 Metro,'59 A35,'71 Pantera
> "The more you drive, the less intelligent you get" --Miller
> "Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers." -P.
Picasso