[DeTomaso] Fwd: Hammer Price Portfolio Report - Sunday, August 26, 2018

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 14:56:07 EDT 2018

Seems like you need information on the particular car for the prices to have much meaning?
This car just sold on ebay for $44,800:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-De-Tomaso-Pantera-/232885923595?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137
Maybe if you have a lot of time and skill, you could make it a good car without spending a LOT of $s.  I'm guess that if you pay a shop to strip it, repair the metal, paint it, and repair all the mechanical issues, it would end up a $100,000 car.
It seems like Panteras are more of a Pandora's box that most cars because unless there is a documented or otherwise established restoration, the value of the car is very uncertain.
Ken