[DeTomaso] Drive your Pantera day

Ed Lyerly ed.lyerly at nctv.com
Sun Aug 26 12:46:53 EDT 2018

I took #2163 out for her 1st run in 7 months yesterday.  What was going to be a 2 week project installing Scott Bell's (SACC Restorations) electric power steering kit morphed into a much bigger and more lengthy project when I made the decision to also remove the dash and console and have the aged, sun shrunken vinyl they were covered with removed and replaced with some new material.
By the time I got the dash and console back from the upholstery shop .... it was June and our miserable hot weather had also arrived.  I finally was able to make some real progress and finalize the job after getting a window A/C installed in my garage.
So yesterday's drive was the 1st test of whether I had Scott's power steering installed properly and if I had gotten all the other connections that had been undone with the dash and console removal back in their proper places.  Happily I can report that everything went very well with the very enjoyable test drive!  I can advise anyone who struggles with the slow speed stop-and-go steering effort with their Pantera (wider aftermarket wheels and tires really amplify the turning effort ) that Scott Bell's (SACC Restorations) electric power steering kit will put a wide smile on your face on your 1st test drive ..... just like it did for me :-)

Ed