[DeTomaso] POCA account possibly hacked

burrid1 at netzero.net burrid1 at netzero.net
Thu Aug 23 20:34:01 EDT 2018

Hello, I’m treasurer of a POCA chapter and I believe our POCA email account has been hacked. Last week I received an email from (I believed) our club president requesting almost $1940.00 to be sent via USPS express mail. The actual chapter president knew nothing of the emails. The low life goes under the name of John Dye with email address of president.email2 at aol.com. The initial request was to pay a vendor named Lester Miller. Second request was to mail a check to vendor but no address given. Third request for funds after requested invoice was to PO Box 60403 Pasadena, CA 91116 under the name of Dasmynn Ungaro with address of 1941 Frontage Rd. Fruita, Co (address does not exist) listed at the top of the invoice via USPS Express Mail or Fed Ex. The low life now wants me to deposit the check directly into the vendors account via Fells Fargo and I have requested the information. Question, What do you think I should do to prevent this from happening in the future and get this person caught.