[DeTomaso] It's a Small (Pantera) World Afterall ...not just at Disneyland

laurieferrari at aol.com laurieferrari at aol.com
Mon Aug 13 14:07:33 EDT 2018

So here I was shopping at Costco last evening, looking at liquors for a gift... and there stood a man in a USC shirt eyeing a very expensive bottle of scotch.  Of course I had to make my usual USC comments, my daughter is a Trojan alumnus, blah blah, and joked that it's no wonder he's looking at such an expensive bottle, and I asked his opinion on different brands.  He said he was also getting this for a gift as he doesn't drink much anymore, trying to stay healthy and extend life. I had to mention that I've read that avocados increase one's life span.  To that he replied he grows them at his ranch in Fallbrook.  Funny thing, I say, "Our Pantera friends, Dave and Linda Adler, grow avocados there too."  Seems he didn't know of them so I told him to look up DeTomaso International on Facebook.  To that, the conversation continued onto De Tomasos, Panteras, and cars.  Turns out he's quite a car collector of high end cars and we have some mutual friends.  As a matter of fact, he says, he once owned a Pantera but it ended up in a tragic crash with a famous musician at the time. Oh my.... now I recalled hearing that story and had to come home and do some FB checking to recall who it was. (thanks Bart who not only knew the story of it being Vince Neil of Motley Crue, but he once met Vince and had an interesting tale to share also).    So my new acquaintance was once a Pantera man of what turned out to be a most infamous Pantera.  How bizarre to meet the owner of that Pantera.
http://inthe1980s.com/vince-neil-car-accident/