[DeTomaso] Fun Rally Itinerary

Effie Richards erichards at zogob.sdcoxmail.com
Mon Apr 30 15:01:17 EDT 2018

Les, with all the due respect to you and our friendship, as well to my POCA
membership, I must chime in here and say, Chuck was right on as to how
guests were treated in the past. I have personally witnessed what Chuck is
saying.
Those were the rules from the start.
However, Kudos to POCA for making this great change, having guest passes
available and only hope people were aware of that.  I love this idea.  When
my job included managing my boss's hotels in Vegas, where I visited twice a
month, I so much wanted to bring my car lover GM and director of sales to
see the distinguished displayed cars in the hospitality ball room, but was
told I had to buy a button.  We settled for looking at the cars in the
parking lot.
I understand the reasons for that restriction then, it was the open bar
thing so now that POCA doesn't offer that endless drinking privilege, the
guest budge was a super idea!
Lori Drew was great in giving details and posting pictures of the event, and
I personally like the breakfast and other light food venue ideas they
offered, rather than the alcohol!
But then, a bottle of wine can lasts me a month!
Thank you for letting me share my point of view.
Effie Richards

P.S.  Mr. Smith, our wonderful and fair SDP president, who was correct in
his comment of years past, as well as most of our members, have our own mind
reservations through past experiences and are very aware of certain negative
treatment by POCA when we hosted the rally in SD.  Don't anyone pretend it
didn't happen, it did and we remember.  We will always remember.
Glad through past president,  Mr. Shortt, changes were initiated and some
implemented and new ones made as well.