[DeTomaso] centerforce clutch

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 08:35:43 EDT 2018

Interesting.

I have a Fidanza flywheel, and if I recall correctly, it is drilled/tapped
for the stock Pantera clutch.  I currently have a normal non-P Centerforce
clutch, and it also fits.  The only issue is it is tapped for normal
bolts, and I could only find shoulder bolts.

In my 427 Cobra, I bought the same Fidanza flywheel (same PN), and the
same Centerforce clutch.  I tried it with the weights removed, and it
appears to be okay in normal driving.  I shifted too soon once at the 1/4
mile, and the clutch didn¹t hold.  So maybe the weights really do
something.

Once again - memory failing, I believe the second flywheel was drilled for
shoulder bolts.

I¹m working on a 427 SO for the Cobra.  When I replace everything, I have
a dual disc clutch I¹m going to use - just because.

Will.

On 4/28/18, 2:33 AM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Thomas Törnblom"
<detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of tipo874 at gmail.com>