[DeTomaso] Judy McCartney

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Thu Apr 26 15:13:33 EDT 2018

I prefer to remember the excitement on Judy Mc's face when she told the story of (I think) her first visit to Riverside Raceway with her Pantera. It was a club open track and she was driving only a bit faster than she could handle as a rookie. She came over a slight rise and spun her car; the next car on track was Dr. ???, a club member who managed to stop quite close to her- both Panteras pointing at each other only a foot or so apart and both drivers staring at the other through the windshields with big eyes and open mouths. No damage, but high heart rates!

Judy collected her senses, straightened her car around and continued to explore her beloved machine's on-track handling instead of going home! The good doctor did the same and the two became close friends with an unforgettable meeting to remember. The encounter must have been in the late '70s but she was still excited about it after 30-some years! At the end, she still loved that little car even though she could no longer drive it as she used to.

A truly happy soul. Godspeed.

Jack DeRyke